1) What is a shareholder derivative action?
2) Were limited appearances possible under the Delaware statute at issue in Shaffer?
3) What about quasi in rem jurisdiction with respect to real (as
to intangible and
personal) property? Would that satisfy Int'l Shoe analysis?
4) What about Justice Stevens's argument that all that is necessary for
due process is that one
who owns property in the forum state was made aware of the possibility that quasi in rem
jurisdiction could be asserted over him as a result of this ownership?
5) Even without quasi in rem jurisdiction, aren't there enough Int'l
contacts between the
defendants and Delaware to allow for personal jurisdiction?
6) Consider the following case: A former wife who has moved to
from their home
state of Massachusetts with the consent of the former husband sues him for child support in
California state court. He makes a motion to dismiss for lack of personal jurisdiction. What
result? Is there anything else you need to know to answer this question?