Attorney Discipline: Reporting Another Lawyer's Misconduct
1. Does the duty to report misconduct by another lawyer simply breed distrust among lawyers? Why does this duty exist when private citizens do not in general have a duty to report one another's crimes?
2. What are some examples of violations of the Rules that would have to be reported under 8.3? What are examples that would not?
3. The duty to report exists only when the lawyer "knows" of misconduct? How stringent is this standard?
4. Does the duty to report another lawyer's misconduct extend to misconduct that the other lawyer enaged in outside of his legal practice?
5. Must an associate report misconduct by a partner in his firm?
6. Would the Himmel case come out the same under the Model Rules?