Questions on Daimler
1) What is the "agency theory"
for establishing general personal jurisdiction over a corporation
through the acts of its subs? What is the difference between it and the "alter ego" theory?
2) After the Court's decision, what is the status of the "agency theory"?
3) What does Sotomayor mean when she says that the case could have been decided on the basis of the reasonableness prong?
Is Sotomayor right that the Court's decision protects large corporate
defendants? Would it be possible for there to be no general PJ over a
corporate defendant even though it employed half of the people and
owned half of the property in the state?
5) Which theory of general PJ-Sotomayor's or Ginsburg's-is more in keeping with the "at home" theory of general PJ in Goodyear?
6) Which theory of general PJ-Sotomayor's or Ginsburg's-is more in keeping with the theory of PJ in Int'l Shoe?